ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform engineering assignments using prescribed methods; design routine portions of the project and provide and interpret field sketches and notes for preliminary review.
- Work with engineering team consisting of project engineers and design technicians in both the land development and transportation (roads and aviation) divisions to create, edit and prepare drawings for civil engineering projects. These projects may entail grading, drainage, utility layout and site development.
- Assist compliance with regulatory and legal requirements within the scope of projects.
- Perform design and drafting assignments using AutoCAD 3D.
- Aid in preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Assist with contract administration services.
- Prepare technical specification and bid documents.
- Strong organizational skills as well as an understanding of broad range engineering techniques.
- Ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively, determining appropriate course of action.
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD 3D in design of Civil projects.
- Ability to integrate and prioritize diversified projects and tasks.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in oral and written formats.
- Work independently from general instructions with limited supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Civil Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of successful engineering experience in site design and consulting services.
- Registered Engineering In Training